The proposed new legislation will:
- close a loophole by repealing the Swedish derogation – which currently allows agency workers to be employed on cheaper rates than permanent counterparts
- extend the right to a day one written statement of rights to workers, going further to include detail on rights such as eligibility for sick leave and pay and details of other types of paid leave, such as maternity and paternity leave
- quadruple maximum employment tribunal fines for employers who are demonstrated to have shown malice, spite or gross oversight from £5,000 to £20,000
- extend the holiday pay reference period from 12 to 52 weeks, ensuring those in seasonal or atypical roles get the paid time off they are entitled to
- lower the threshold required for a request to set up Information and Consultation arrangements from 10% to 2%
- the government is also committing to legislate to improve the clarity of the employment status tests to reflect the reality of the modern working relationships.
Perfect HR can help further
Perfect HR offer advice free of charge, giving you peace of mind that you can cope with any issue an employee puts in front of you.
We are here and ready to help. Call now on 0111******** or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We also offer a full set of policies for your small business to download and adopt.
Access to our document library with template letters, example documents and guidance.
An email helpline and support for HR questions and issues;
Two telephone advice calls per month (extra calls are charged at £10 +vat for each additional phone call thereafter)
Employment legislation and document updates as and when they occur;
Download further Employment Contracts as and when you hire more staff;
Help with the full process of hiring, from drafting an application form, interview letters, offer letters etc.;
Tribunal Legal support.
Copyright © 2019 All rights reserved - Perfect HR Services Ltd